Requirements for obtaining a second passport in Dominica
- File application to the Minister of Legal Affairs.
- Notarized disclosure form.
- Provide copies of passports (with 8 photos), birth certificates and marriage or dissolution certificates.
- Police certificate.
- Professional reference letter and two personal reference letters.
- Bank reference letter, declaration of funds.
- A detailed resume/business background report is required of all applicants who are working adults. The occupation of all working adults must be clearly stated.
- Applicant’s employer reference letter.
- A recent Income Tax Return.
- Statutory Declaration.
Advantages of obtaining a Dominica second passport
- Ease of travel:Having the passport of another country may allow a person to travel visa-free to several other countries or it may make it easier to obtain visas to countries where visas are required.
- Tax planning:In order to legally reduce the tax payable in his own country, a person may find it necessary or convenient to obtain the citizenship of another country.
- Security:Persons travelling in certain parts of the world are exposed to higher security risks if their native citizenship becomes known. In such a case, having the passport of another country might be a life saver.
- Political risks:There are certain countries where the risk of civil strife and a breakdown of law and order ispossible. Persons from these countries may wish to guarantee their physical and economic safety and that of their family by having a country to which they can migrate if it becomes necessary to flee.
- Gateway to migration: The ease of migrating to certain countries such as the United States and Canada depends, in certain cases, on the country of citizenship of the applicant. A person can therefore improve his chances of migrating to such countries by changing his citizenship.